We're keen to hear from talented people - so if you're interested in working with us, send us your CV (here) and we'll be in touch when we have something for you!
Senior Research Manager @ Message House
We have a really exciting opportunity to join a growing team in a boutique research and communications consultancy.
We are looking for an experienced researcher who can help us deliver high quality, actionable research projects for our clients. This role is a critical position for our team, liaising with our directors and with clients to ensure we deliver against client expectations and co-ordinating with the rest of the team and external providers to deliver smart and valued research studies.
The position will suit someone who enjoys problem solving and is curious about the answers to communications questions, is comfortable using data, enjoys running research projects, and understands how clients think and work.
They will need to be comfortable working in a small team, know their own strengths and weaknesses, be personable and easy to work with, happy working flexibly and adapting to meet changing demands.
Message House works on a range of clients across sectors and disciplines so the Senior Research Manager should enjoy working on a varied mix of projects at any one time, immersing themselves in new challenges and be happy juggling competing priorities.
- Ensuring effective execution of research projects from start to finish
- Supporting the recruitment, management, training and motivation of a team of staff
- Managing budgets and costing projects carefully and appropriately
- Building strong relationships with clients and connections with potential clients as someone who is seen as a trusted adviser and safe pair of hands for them personally as well as their organisations
- Building strong relationships through liaising with partners and other external organisations who help us deliver our work
- Driving new business, promoting a culture which is outward-looking and always thinking about how we can better solve clients’ problems via marketing and the development of new business propositions
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Ability to co-ordinate complex projects
- Good time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both formal and informal
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Eye for detail and quality
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Good understanding of communications and marketing disciplines
- 4+ years experience of running qual/quant research studies
- Team management experience in a research or similar context
- Experience working with and earning the trust of clients
Location: The role is based at our office in Berkhamsted, Herts.
Salary: Competitive base salary + bonus
Applications: Please send your CV and a covering letter that explains why you want to work for Message House to firstname.lastname@example.org